Sunday 15 July 2012

Vienna bis

Vienna.

I had a lovely time with Janina. We went out for brunch with a friend of hers, who quite convinced me that since I had some time between Prague and Berlin, Poland was the obvious choice, more to the point Wroclaw, with is quite close from Prague.

Brunches in Vienna are lavish things, with all-you-can-eat buffets, cold and hot food, nice waitresses... and of course, the company was the best.

Afterwards, we went for a walk in Spittelberg, in what used to be the red district, then we went for an ice-cream along the Danube river, and we ended up in the Prater park. Actually, we ended up at the amusement park, with is an horribly tempting thing fo me.

I rode the Riesenrad (the Ferris wheel), then went for a tour in the Liliputbahn, and egged on by Janina, we went on the Prater Turm (tower). People familiar with entertainment park attractions are familiar with the attraction where one sits in a chair which is then lifted a few meters and turns around. (People who know me know that I have always refused to go on it.) The Prater version is on a 117m-high tower. Let's just say that there were moments when I was a little tense.

And home, and later, diner, and for diner, we had... home-made schnitzels! (Whose meat needs tenderising, which I took care of with  a nice, solid pan. There are pictures. They won't be shared.)

1 comment:

  1. Why these idea? A chair who is lifted OK but you on these chair! Unbelivable! Better you than me! I would be terrified!
    I hope you will cook these Schnitzels at home.

    ReplyDelete