Monday 16 July 2012

Music in Prague

(I antidated a note on Vienna, so don't forget to scroll down to read it.)

Diner was a success, and I met some very friendly people: an American, a Mexican, a Brazilian couple, an Uruguan... and I didn't have the time to chat with the Swedish girls or the German family. The dish was made of potatoes, onions, ham, all sliced and dices and cooked and then grilled in individual portions. We made enough for a battalion, which is appropriate, since I think I read it used to be soldiers' food.

I went for a walk afterwards and ended up in a church concert. (-Sorry, it's too expensive for me! -Wait we have student prices! -I'm not a student! *Furtive look*  -For you we make it the student's price!) Thing is, the organist was... disappointing, and the tenor singer, mostly good but far from outstanding (which can explain the price). If I, who am not a music expert, I wince when listening to organ music, then I do think it means the player is lacking.

At least, I got the Prague experience!

Tomorrow I should see  Charles' Bridge, the castle and its gardens; if my legs are still game, I'll visit the Communism Museum.

1 comment:

  1. J'ai hâte d'avoir les photos et les commentaires oraux! Prague te plait bien à priori!

    ReplyDelete