Friday 13 July 2012

Budapest zoo

Well, thinking about my wallet, and place to see where I don't understand the language, I decided that visiting the zoo (free with the three-day card) was a good option. Relaxing, too. Of course, it ran when I arrived, but it didn't last very long (I'm not used any more to having rain, having have so much sun until Budapest).

So I saw seals, a polar bear, lions, tigers, pink flamingos, antelopes, frogs (and axolotl!), snakes, salamanders, turtles, kangaroos, monkeys... I have a lot of pictures, some may even be good, who knows?







The zoo is an old one, and for some of the animals, they have bronze statues of that animal nearby their pens... I think those pictures may turn out better than the ones of live, moving animals!

Tiger cub?
Dodo


The zoo is in a large park, with other museums and the castle. A dream castle, with moat, well, a pond, turrets, crenelation... and a statue of Anonymous. There is an explanation behind that I will read one these days.

The castle
 
Anonymous
In the park of the castle

For now, back to the hostel!

No comments:

Post a Comment