Saturday 7 July 2012

Plovdiv (the beginning)

Being advised to take the bus to Plovdiv rather than the train (the bus being reputedly faster and air-conditioned), I endured 2 hours and a half of mashed knees, cramps, sleeping spells and "never again!".

But everything was forgotten the ;inute I was shown my dorm, which is blessedly air-conditioned... (It is more than 30 degrees outside).

The hostel is less fun than their sister hostel in Sofia, but it is still friendly and welcoming. Though smaller, I met again with some of the travelers who were in Rila with me (some arriving before me, and some after).

We have again all-you-can-eat breakfast, a modest dinner, and free internet.

I spent the morning visiting the city before the main heat, I don't know how successfully, and I am spending the afternoon holed up in my room and trying to organize the next few days: I am leaving Plovdiv tomorrow morning, but I am only expected in Brasov the 10th... and I can still change that reservation. Shall I go to Varna and the Black Sea, then take an overnight train to Bucarest? Or should I try to go straight to Romania and spend more time in the Transylvanian Mountains? I have a few more hours to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment