Thursday 12 July 2012

The Pest

(I used Google Translate on my Blogger interface ; publish becomes disclosure, and save rescue. I love it.)

In Budapest, there is the Buda district and the Pest district. Obviously. This morning I decided to visit the Pest. I was supposed to join a free 2-hours walking tour, but since no one appeared at the appointed time and place, either I read the guide wrong or when they say to contact them for informations they mean for reservation.

St Matthias' Church

Fisherman's Bastion


The Parliament

Shops

Anyway, it was a great idea to go there since what wasn't obvious from the guide is that this district is in the castle walls, with beautiful monuments, a gorgeous view on the city and the Parliament building, and many assorted tourist temptations. (My wallet is a lot lighter.)

Now, for some rest and a Turkish bath...

2 comments:

  1. Hi!Very intersting! I like your notes and hope to see your pictures.
    Is the weather still hot?
    Will you go to the baths?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les termes de l'hotel Gellert <3 .... !!

    ReplyDelete